Dr. Loren O’Connor
Assistant Vice Chancellor of the Office of Accessible Education and Counseling Services, Brandman University.
Dr. Loren O’Connor is the Assistant Vice Chancellor of the Office of Accessible Education and Counseling Services at Brandman University which is part of the Chapman University System. He created, developed and implemented the Office in order to serve twenty-nine campuses in California and Washington along with a significant online student community. The position requires extensive knowledge and an in-depth understanding of community colleges and universities in the areas of ADA, Section 504/508, and other legislative matters that impact higher education institutions. The position requires exceptional mediation skills, dispute resolution expertise, problem-solving and crisis response skills, major decision-making abilities, and an ability to analyze complex policy situations that may have legal consequences. He serves as a liaison and facilitator between students, faculty, human resources, student affairs, academic affairs and senior management along with being a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team and Student Conduct Hearing Team. He has excellent shuttle diplomacy skills. He is also an Assistant Professor in the School of Education for School Psychology at the University.
He was an Adjunct Professor in the Community College and California State University systems. He taught psychology at both the undergraduate and graduate level to a culturally diverse student population. He was a school psychologist, counselor and teacher in both elementary and secondary school districts. In India, He was a Fulbright Scholar and over the past year I have been a national and international speaker in Korea, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Singapore and India focusing on disability rights for individuals with disabilities. He has an in-depth experience in presenting professional workshops. He is an outstanding public speaker in the areas of ADA, Section 504 and all related issues of the needs of our student veterans who have disabilities and challenges.
As a Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice, He has an extensive background in helping individuals, couples, and groups communicate in a productive and positive manner with excellent results in the area of conflict issues, major disputes, crisis intervention, and other areas which prevent successful communication and progress. As a consultant for law firms, He has an extensive background in Title IX, Section 504 & 508, OCR-Office for Civil Rights, ADA, and IDEA.
Contact Person : Mr. Chandana
Hotline: +94 773 027 621
TP : +94 113 098 521/2
Contact Person : Mr. Isanka P. Gamage
The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM),
Hotline: +94 777 379 779
TP : +94 113 098 521/2
- Dr. Abdoulaye Diallo, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, United States
- Dr. Ada Leung, University of Alberta, Canada
- Dr. Sandhya Limaye, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India
- Dr. Daniel Wong, Mississippi State University, United States
- Dr. Lili Liu, University of Alberta, Canada
- Prof. Nidhi Singal, University of Cambridge, England
- Prof. Maya Kalyanpur, University of San Diego, United States
- Dr Hemlata, Indira Gandhi National Open University, India
- Dr. Maria Lewin, St.John’s Medical College, India
- Dr. Nimisha Muttiah, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Ashok M, St.John’s Medical College, India
- Prof. TOMPA, Emile, University of Toronto, Canada
- Prof. IGRIC, Ljiljana, York University, Canada
- Dr. Ramesh, St.John’s Medical College, India
- Dr. Vaishali Kohle, Tata Institute of Social Science, India
- Dr. Deepthi Shanbhag, St.John’s Medical College, India